- Most community’s pools have opened for the summer season.
- Just a friendly reminder of the following pool rules:
- As always, the pool may be closed due to hazardous weather conditions, other safety concerns or equipment malfunctions.
- Please realize, the use of the pool is at the swimmer’s own risk.
- Children under the age of 16 who legally reside at your community, and who wish to use the pool should be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian at all times while they are in the pool area.
- For safety reasons there is no diving, running, or jumping into the pool at any time.
- We ask all owners/occupants, their families, friends, employees, and guests at all times follow the rules and regulations posted poolside or they will not be permitted use of the pool.
- Please have babies wear swim diapers. Used diapers must be bagged and removed from the pool and clubhouse area for disposal.
- No animals are permitted in the pool area at any time.
- For safety and sanitary reasons glassware, food, cans, alcoholic beverages, and smoking are prohibited in the pool area.
- All bathers must wear appropriate attire (bathing suit) and shower prior to entering the pool, and must be free of any communicable diseases or ailments including but not limited to coughs, colds, poison ivy, etc.
- To promote a friendly environment: use of a radio is permitted at a low volume and cell phone users must speak in a low voice so as not to disturb others in the pool area.
- Make sure to keep an adequate distance between the barbeque and your home when grilling.
- Please do not flush cat litter, female sanitary items, or household cleaning wipes down the toilet. These materials do not have enough time to break down before going through the pipes and may result in backups. Please remember to throw only toilet paper in the toilet.
- FYI: The months from June to October are considered the hurricane season. If we are under a hurricane watch it means conditions are a real possibility and you should be ready. A hurricane warning indicates that a hurricane will strike within 24 hours and we need to take cover.
- In the event of a watch do the following:
- Gather a hurricane supply kit
- Stay tuned to local radio/TV stations for the latest storm related information
- Fill the gas tanks in all your vehicles
- Secure lawn furniture and any loose lawn ornaments or any free standing plants to avoid property damage.
- After the storm:
- Listen to local radio/TV stations for news and instructions.
- If you are without power, use flashlights and limit the opening of refrigerators and freezers to preserve food and drink.
- Pack a cooler with perishables and ice. A freezer will keep things cold for about 24 hours.
Planning any improvements?
Please be reminded that residents need approval for most exterior alterations. Please contact our office to find out what you need to do in order to obtain approval from the Board. The following paperwork must be submitted and approved by the Board prior to completing any work: a signed Modification Request Form, Hold Harmless Agreement, a copy of the license and certificate of insurance from the vendor performing the work.
Updated Information Needed
Have you contacted our office regarding a change with your phone or cell numbers? If not, please do so immediately! Your emergency contact information is critical especially in emergency scenarios.
Communications – Please direct all communications directly to our office whether it’s via telephone, e-mail, or regular mail (see “contact us” tab for details on contact information).
Security and Safety
If you see or hear anything out of the ordinary going on within the community, please call the Police (911), and report the situation.
NUMBERS TO KEEP HANDY:
POLICE or FIRE: 911 (see anything suspicious or see flames)
PSEG (previously LIPA): (800) 490-0025 (if you lose electric or have a problem)
NATIONAL GRID: (800) 490-0045 (smell gas??)
SENIOR CITIZEN TRANSPORTATION: (631) 451-6126 (provides transportation to doctor appointment, shopping, etc)
GENERAL SENIOR CITIZEN HELPLINE: (631) 451-9140
BROOKHAVEN ANIMAL CONTROL: (631) 451-6376
TOWN OF SMITHTOWN ANIMAL CONTROL: (631) 360-7575